A leading IT company witnessed increased power consumption on a month on month basis even though there is no significant increase in employee strength. They approached our team to do check their practices and suggest energy saving opportunities.
JEN SOURCE SOLUTION
- Team conducted a comprehensive study on the data on power consumption and its pattern.
- Task force is formed including the ground level staff and asked the team to plot consumption patterns for various intervals.
- Consumption patterns were analyzed for variations.
- Focus was prioritized on after office hours power consumption as it was contributing to more than 50% of overall consumption.
- Task force was again put in to action to identify the causes and come up with energy saving opportunities
- Task force came up with the causes and list of energy saving opportunities
- Implemented measures.
- Established controls to sustain and ensured tracking mechanism.
- Conducted sessions with staff to increase the awareness importance of energy saving.
- Achieved 50% consumption reduction after office hours which resulted in savings of 1.8 Lacs units PA
- Reduced power cost to the organization which translated in to cost savings of INR 1.8 Mn PA (cost per unit at Rs 10/-)
- Increased awareness among staff to conserve energy